Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Using my skills

The Sunday after the wedding (3/13) was very fun for me. I was, of course, pretty exhausted from the wedding and the reception, but I had a job to do. This was to be my second Sunday working with the children's church (I mentioned the first time in a blog post some time ago). This time, however, we were going to be short on leaders so we were going to combine groups and have me lead them in some games and silly stuff.

I wasn't particularly nervous about this. If I am qualified for anything, it is to play games with kids (4 years of summer camp and youth ministry helps in this). I have few job skills, but this is one of them :-). I had a blast with the kids. I worked with the grades 4-7 and I taught them some of my summer camp favorites--GrrrAHH, Nibbley-Bibbles, and Gorilla Beats the Man. It was so good to work so closely with kids again. It really brings me out of my element. I become so theatrical when I am teaching and playing games--cracking jokes, telling stories, mocking myself. I usually end up sweating bullets and exhausted. But it was so much fun. More importantly, I made a good impression on the rest of the leaders and the children's pastor. They now know they can use me for such things and that I won't let them down. It is good to be really plugged into one of the ministries at the church.

In Christ,

Chris

1 comment: