Monday, March 7, 2011

Children's Church

On Sunday (3/5), I was asked to begin helping with children church here at Hope Valley. My assistance is needed only temporarily, but I suspect I will become a regular leader therein. (Is this not the nature of any part of church ministry? You get your feet wet and people usually start to expect more from you. It's just the nature of ministry and I am happy to do it!) So I was asked to fill in this last Sunday and I was a bit nervous about it. I have worked with a bunch of kids before (having been involved in youth ministry and education for the last four years), but never in a formal church setting and, obviously, never to Australian children. The big worry being that all my jokes and techniques would fall flat in another culture.

But I had fun and was reminded how much I like working with kids. Moreover, I don't think I did too bad--praise God, right? I hope He will always use me as an effective minister of His word to all sorts of age groups. This next week I will be taking a greater role with the children (leading the games, woot!) and we'll see what sort of impact I can have in the next few months by God's grace.

There is a big denomination-wide childrens' camp-out coming up soon. The kids pastor here at Hope Valley would like me to go and use some of my summer camp skills. Sounds like a good way to spend a weekend. Bring on the kids!

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment