Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My first Koala!!!

So the Monday after the wedding (3/14) was sort of a chill-out day for me. I really needed a good sleep and some time to just catch my breath.

Just past noon, the senior pastor at Hope Valley called with an urgency in his voice. "Have you seen a koala yet?" he asked. "No, sir, I haven't yet." "Well be ready in five minutes." *click*

Five minutes later I was in his car and heading back toward his house. Right in his front yard there was a tree with a massive koala in it! I never expected it to be so big.

It was a bit hard to see, as it was very high up and well covered, but I captured a few pictures of it. Now I have seen a koala and a kangaroo in the wild. What is next on my list of stereotypical Aussie animals?

In Christ,

Chris

2 comments: