Monday, May 16, 2011

Not My Story, but God's

Alright, I am more than a month behind on this blog and time to catch up! I must apologize for my lapse in communication. I have been very busy, confused, worried, and unmotivated in many ways to continue this. Now, however, I am on the other side of those issues and am eager to continue sharing with you all what God is doing with me here in Australia.

But first...

I listened to a sermon today that struck me. In the message, the pastor shared that the goal of our lives is not to figure out what mark God wants us to leave on the world, contributing to our own story, but to figure out how to contribute to God's story, God's mark. He went on to explain that we must first get on our knees before God and then learn to STAY THERE. It got me thinking: We so naturally forget to stay in that position of humble service though. Why? Because society operates on an external level. We see things and we commend or condemn based upon what we see. But we need to rise above the external and see with what heart people act. I hope my heart is always a humble one. I hope mine is a heart that is learning, more and more every day, how to stay on my knees before God. Thus, I want to make sure I declare to the world that how God uses me and what I am doing here is for God's kingdom and God's kingdom alone. It is not my will, but His that I am seeking. I have been given a lot of encouragement and compliments lately, as I continue to find more and more of a desire to be involved in ministry. All of that I give to God, hoping that He will see me as a man wanting to be a part of His story and not a man wanting to write my own.

That's what is on my mind. Now...more blogging.

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment