Wednesday, May 18, 2011

4/8--Minute to Win It

Friday Night, after a long day of work, I had the opportunity to help with two more events in the Church.

First and foremost, the 12/3 group had a dinner planned at Jon Joyce's parents' house. The 12/3 group is a special part of the church which ministers to the needs of seniors in High School and those in their first few years of University. It is a transitions group which seeks to minister into the very specific needs of that age group. In any event, I have been doing a lot of work with these kids and love them all a great deal. As I said, they had a dinner planned. Unfortunately, I could only make the first part of this dinner, as I had to go help another event at the church.

The church's youth group were having the first event of their new youth season that evening. It was a night of games and fun, centered around "Minute to Win It" type activities. This was a good chance for me to meet a whole bunch of the youth in the church and I ended help having to help a lot with the event. The problem was, we ran out of "Minute to Win" it games quite quickly. Luckily, a few of us who had worked in youth ministry before had some other games up our sleeves to entertain them. All in all, the night went well. I really love working with youth, as most of you know. Getting to work with these kids, therefore, was a real blessing. I look forward to doing a lot with them in the future :-).

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment