Wednesday, May 18, 2011

4/15--"MMP" NIght

On Friday the 15th, I had a very important decision to make back at home. You see, I had been accepted into two graduate school to continue my studies in history. Both were great options with comparable pros and cons. It was a real challenge for me to finally pick one and just have faith that God would bless that decision. I officially decided to attend Binghamton University in August. So if you hadn't heard yet, that is where I am heading. I will get my PhD in history. Along the way, I am hoping to figure out how to become ordained in the Methodist church (without pursuing the M.Div). I am eager to see how this works. I want to submit my future to ministry. I know that much. How, where, and when is the question now.

In any event, after that decision was made and after a long day at work, I had a nice evening to look forward to--MMP night!

What is MMP night, you ask? Well, I have these two good friends here, Jacob and Chantelle. They are just lovely people and we really connect because, not only are they God-fearing people, but they also love music. Anybody that knows me, knows that I love music. Like me, they also like movies. Most importantly, they also like pizza! Pizza is my favorite food ever!

So we planned a movies, music and pizza night (MMP) during which we could share all three :-). So we all got together, ordered some DELICIOUS pizza, rented some movies, bought snacks, and just had a nice evening. One of the snacks we purchased is the popular candy here called "Musk Sticks." Imagine taffy-like licorice and you are getting close to the consistency of these things. But they were just gross. Chantelle and Jacob loved them! I think they literally taste as if they were covered in men's aftershave (musk) and sold as a candy. Yuck! We ended up watching this movie "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World." It was very trippy, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Anybody else seen it? I thought it was heaps creative. Most of the evening, however, was spent comparing and listening to music. So good! All in all, it was a great night.

I am thankful for my good friends, Chantelle and Jacob (who are now dating--I am a good matchmaker). Here's to MMP night 2.0, coming to a home near you.

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment