Wednesday, May 18, 2011

4/9--Sons of Korah

On the 9th of April, I had an amazing opportunity to see one of my favorite bands in concert, the Sons of Korah. I had hoped to see them while I was in Australia, as they are an Australian Band. I am very happy my dream was realized.

For those of you unaware, the Sons of Korah is a Christian group whose whole mission is to set the Biblical Psalms back to music and capture them for the beautifully powerful songs they were originally intended to be. Indeed, the group's name, The Sons of Korah, is in reference to the authors who wrote so many of the Psalms. So they set the Psalms to music and try their absolute best to stay true to the tone and mood of each Psalm. Together, they are some of the best musicians I have ever seen. Indeed, this is what makes them so spectacular. In a world where all your lyrics are written for you, your musicianship has to shine.

I was able to score a couple of free tickets through the Church (YES!) and I invited a couple of friends here to go along with me. The concert was phenomenal. It was better than I had hoped, actually. Not only did they play the Psalms beautifully, but they presented a very powerful gospel messages using the book of Psalms alone. Australia is an area where I don't often hear the gospel outside of Hope Valley. I can honestly say that this group presented the most powerful gospel message I have heard in my time here. I was very pleased. Truly, the band is anointed by God and understands the power of his Word to change lives and mold hearts.

If you are unfamiliar with the Sons of Korah, I encourage you to go look into their music. I can promise it will change the way you read the book of Psalms. I love to surround myself with this group's music. So check them out, buy their stuff, and support a ministry which i can assure you is quite powerful. Here is a link to their website: http://www.sonsofkorah.com/

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment