Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trying to lose weight

I figured I would take advantage of the fact that the Australians eat a lot less than I usually do (and that I have no money with which to buy additional food) to lose some weight. Now, I am by no means huge these days, but the last two years of college, sitting every night, working on papers almost exclusively have not exactly helped me maintain my weight. It's funny because my good friend, Dr. Stewart, always told me it wasn't until AFTER graduate school that he started gaining weight--I was starting too early!

So why not try to lose some while I am here, eh? Jon's father has a decent little gym in their garage with some free weights and a couple of machines. We have been going over there pretty regularly to lift. The run to his parents' house is the "Australian Treadmill" he says :-). I am certainly out of shape though...*whew.* Something to work on I guess. Moreover, the weather is nicer here than in Michigan to be outside and active. I can't wait for the Australian winter, then it will be PERFECT out for a Michigan man like me. Perhaps I will leave some of my bad habits behind for good.

In Christ,

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Leaving bad habits behind is a good goal! Especially the not sleeping much at night one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am certainly doing a good job on the sleep habits as well, Carla. You should let Dr. Stewart know that I have been on a surprisingly regular schedule, affording me almost eight hours a night. Pretty good for me I would say!

    ReplyDelete