Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jack's Mannequin Concert for the win

Anybody who knows me, knows that I love music. So of course I would not pass up the opportunity to see a couple of shows while I am in the relatively big city (1.2 million people, I think) of Adelaide. You see, little old Hillsdale never gets any concerts and Jackson isn't too much better. Thus, in Michigan I have to drive to Detroit or Grand Rapids to catch a show...what a bummer. That adds a ton of time and a ton of cost. But I am living in a big city now, lol. So I will try and do what I can afford!

On Tuesday I got to go to a Jack's Mannequin with my friend who worked at Camp Michindoh, Nicole Filsell. We had actually arranged this prior to my coming over because saw online that he would be here at the beginning of my stay. What luck, eh? For those of you who don't know, Jack's Mannequin is headed by Andrew McMahon who is one of piano-rocks best. He plays some of the best pop/rock/alternative songs and I really dig him a lot. This show actually just ended up being him doing a solo run and playing songs from his two bands--Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate. I really enjoyed the performance, as it was acoustic and played rather intimately. Unfortunately, the concert hall was wicked hot and horribly uncomfortable. This actually distracted me to a point where I did not enjoy him as much. I will have to keep that in mind if I go to another show. But I am glad I went and if you don't know the band, go look it up. I recommend the songs "Dark Blue," "Everything in Transit," "Swim," and "Holiday from Real."

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment