Friday, February 11, 2011




Adelaide is a massive city. Perhaps I am just saying that because I am from middle-of-nowhere, MI, but the city is huge. It does not build "up" very high like Chicago, but "out," expanding into eternity much like Tucson. The main downtown area is beautiful, clean, and vibrant. I can't wait to see more. The area where I am living and working is in the north, toward the foothills (the city extends from the sea to the foothills, creating a "bowl" appearance). I have included a couple of pictures I took from the airplane flying into Adelaide a few days ago to give some perspective. I will try to comment more on the city and its geography later...once I have seen and experienced more. For now though, I have mostly hung out in the suburbs up north. I don't know if I will EVER figure out the lay of the city as a whole though--it is massive.

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment