Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Beach!





So I forgot to mention that I went to beach on Wednesday with Jon and Katie for the first time. Yes, the famous Australian coast, full of sharks, poisonous jelly fish and Lord knows what else. But I survived! This was really my first time swimming in the Ocean as far as I can tell. The water was so warm and I enjoyed myself. Not a fan of salt in my hair and mouth so much, but that comes with the territory. There weren't any waves at this beach due to an island out in the water that breaks the surf, but Jon said he would take me to a beach with waves someday.

I didn't swim out very deep though, as I am still petrified of sharks (only to about my neck actually). And my fear was not unjustified, the next night I saw on the Adelaide news that there had been a shark attack on one off one of the city's beaches--some diver (RIP). Would you believe that!?! And here the Aussies were trying to convince me that shark attacks were immensely rare (and they may be, but it would be just my luck that the one in a millionth time is right after I get in the water).

We also walked along the beautiful shore. Only one site was disturbing: A rather large man sun bathing in a G-string bikini. HAHA! It was so outrageous. He had the biggest, tanned, crusty butt in the world and was just showing all to the world. I laughed out loud and had to stifle it lest he hear. HAHA. The image is ingrained in my mind forever. Unfortunately, I did not think to take a picture to share with the world *snaps fingers.* I bet you are all disappointed. Random dude, if you ever read my blog: WEAR SOME CLOTHES! The Aussies were laughing hard too and told me that is very unusual for their beaches...alas, they are not the French Riviera ;-).

To cap the day off, we had a deliciously greasy meal of Fish and Chips--this being my first taste of seafood (which I love) since I arrived in Australia. I was quite pleased. De-stinking-licious :-)

I am sure we will go again.

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment