Friday, February 11, 2011

Baby Animals...

Sorry for the break in posts, but this first few days in Australia have been busy, busy, busy! I am simply exhausted to be honest. Meeting people with whom I am going to work for the next six months is actually really hard work. I will have a couple of posts in quick succession here and hopefully another after Church tomorrow.

So I must confess something to the world: I have now eaten two things which I never had before (at least to my recollection)--veal and lamb. In fact, my first meal in Australia was lamb. It was, to be honest, quite tasty. It has a strong, somewhat game-y taste, but was very delicious. We grilled it, making it even better (everything is better on the grill, right?). My second dinner in Australia was at a very nice Italian cafe with Katie's family (they are wonderful people). Jon said I should try the veal. The veal was pretty good too, but I am not sure if I was crazy enough about it to order it again (I am not sure if it was the veal or the way it was prepared).

So it seems the Australians like to kill their animals quicker than most ;-). No, I am only kidding. It just so happened that these were some of my first meal experiences here in Australia. Soon I need to try the Kangaroo steaks everybody talks about!

In Christ,

Chris

2 comments:

  1. You've had lamb, in the Holy Land...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about that lamb! I stand corrected. Yum...I do miss the Holy Land. It is weird being in a country younger than America!

    ReplyDelete