Thursday, February 17, 2011

Havaianas


Havaianas are a type of flip-flop (they call them thongs in Australia, haha). They are the coolest thing since sliced bread in Australia and anybody who is anybody wears them. So guess who was a nobody last week--this guy (I am saying this with a bit of sarcasm). Yeah, even though I have the super cool Rainbow flip-flops which are expensive, comfortable and all the rage in California (the pinnacle of cool in America), I was made fun of here. Seriously more than a few people commented on my ugly flip-flops! That is outrageous! They are so comfortable. But I am a slave to fashion, alas, and thus went and bought some of these new-fangled Australian thongs. Now I am cool again. I have been accepted. I am at peace with the universe. But my feet are no where near as comfortable ;-). I included a picture...pardon my stunningly white feet and legs (I have not been here long enough for a tan!)

In Christ,

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found "peace with the universe". I'll throw away all the mail you receive and rush out your application to modeling agents. I'm sure they can hook you up as the next great footwear supermodel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...um...I guess "peace with the universe" is a very strong term. But now that you mention it, I think I would make a good model. Who wouldn't want to see me in my stunning new foot gear?

    But in all seriousness, I am a bit ashamed that I bought them. They do make a good souvenir, however. On that note: I found a neat book for you professor. I am going to try and haggle with the shop owner and get it. I know you'll love it.

    And you had better keep my mail!

    ReplyDelete