Monday, April 18, 2011

Thuruna


As I told you in the last post, waking up at at Thuruna was an amazing experience. Though spartan and somber in its building style, the location was unbelievably idyllic. It was nestled in this little bay a few meters away from the ocean. To the left, a beach stretched to the tip of the bay's entrance. To the right, the surf pounded against a rocky tidal area. There is literally nothing else around for miles. It is quiet and peaceful.

Saturday morning (4/2) I woke up to a cool, windy, and cloudy morning. I woke before everyone and went for a walk outside. The setting was just perfect. As the sun slowly worked its way through the clouds, little bolts of light came piercing through like tubes. I was very much at peace out there and had a moment to think about my sermon (haha!) and pray.

I didn't spend a lot of time though, as I needed to go and get ready for what was going to be a very busy day. By the time I was done with showering and breakfast, everybody was up. We all went outside to enjoy walking and exploring the shore. Jon told me that if you lifted the rocks, you could often find crabs hiding away. This was a lot of fun actually. Almost every rock we lifted had a little crab under it. Jon and Josh made fun of me for hesitating to pick one up, but I eventually succeeded. It was nice to just hang out as a bunch of friends.

Enjoy some of the pictures I took of the camp.

We did have a lot to do that day though. So after a bit of exploring, we made our way to the car. Before the concert that night at Tumby Bay, we were going to explore another nearby city called Port Lincoln. More on that in my next post.

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment