Thursday, April 7, 2011

A failed attempt at my life (group)

A couple of posts ago, I talked about how Hope Valley operates a series of "Life Groups" within the church to get people engaged in the faith outside of the Sunday setting.

In a never ending effort to run enough groups for everyone in the congregation, Jon and I started leading one. We planned to meet every other Wednesday night, making the 23rd of March our first meeting. Unfortunately, enough people ended up canceling throughout the day that we had to cancel the whole thing. Bummer!

And we totally had a ton of muffins ready for eating! (More for me? Yes...)

So instead of having our life group, we invited a good friend, Matt, over for some ice cream, muffins, and Euchre. Euchre? Yes, you heard right. They don't really play it much over here, but I told Jon and Katie it would fun for me to teach them. They were pretty good students actually and I think all involved liked the game a fair bit.

So there you have it: I am doing my fair part to spread the glories of Euchre. Though Des Joyce tells me that he used to play all the time. Perhaps I will find some hardcore Euchre players while I am here :-).

In Christ,

Chris

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun night! Mmm now I wan some more of those muffins - they are my fav!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete