Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pastor Lunch

On Sunday (3/20) I had two important roles at the church

First off, I had to help teach the reception (kindergarten) Sunday School class. Anybody who knows me well, knows that this is the most uncomfortable place for me to be in. I love working with kids, but it tends to be that I only like the older kids. I feel so vulnerable around the little tikes, as I am bad with crowd control at that age. The problem is, kids at that age seem to love me! It makes it a real "catch-22." I had a good time with the kids though. We played a game of "telephone" which the kids here call "Chinese Whisperers." The Australians are so much more politically incorrect than we are in many ways ;-). They also have a little candy confection called "Chicos" which is represented by a little black boy. It makes me laugh. We Americans think about that stuff WAY to much.

After morning church, we had a "Meet the Pastors Lunch" for the newer members of the congregation. I was invited along to help with the meeting and the greeting part of things. This was good fun actually (though I am not terribly good at the whole meeting people thing). I met a really interesting Korean man. I thought that was neat. I can't say I have ever spoken with a Korean before. The church here is really quite diverse, I have found. Perhaps anything is diverse compared to Hillsdale!

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment