Monday, April 18, 2011

Me...a babysitter?

Despite the busy day on Sunday, I was back to work on Monday (4/4) and working hard on that week's projects.

Jon usually doesn't come in on Monday because he works as a physical therapist. As such, I am usually on my own. Pastor Dave was kind enough to invite me to his house for dinner that night. "Nothing special," he told me, "just a quick meal with my family." Dave has two kids. Jeremiah, his boy, is about four years old and every bit the energetic boy that he ought to be. He also has a darling daughter, Katie, who is still an infant. Both are a delight to be around and both seem to have taken a liking to me. Whenever I am around, Katie recognizes me and smiles with both hands out outstretched. Jeremiah, on the other hand, is comfortable enough with me to make fun of my accent a bit. He is a good kid. Dave's family is pictured at right.

I accepted his offer for dinner and we went. Chilling with Dave and his lovely wife and kids was wonderful. Catherine had made up a delicious bit of curry for us and I had the pleasure of just talking with them and playing with the kids.

Over the next hour or so, I helped settle the kids down for bed, read them stories, and helped entertain them. I felt like an uncle or something! Haha. I had better watch out, as Dave might soon be asking me to babysit for real.

I don't think I am that comfortable with little kids yet ;-). I know you two read this blog...thank you for the lovely evening. I hope we get to do it again sometime soon.

In Christ,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment