Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Singing with the Choir

After dinner with Dave on Monday (4/4), I had to run to church and attend a choir rehearsal. In an ongoing effort to pour into all the groups of people here at Hope Valley, I decided to join the Valley Singers. The Valley Singers is a group within the church open to all, but only really participated in by the older members of the congregation. It generally sings a few times a month during the 9:00 am service and every other month or so with the 10:30 am service. It is such a lovely group of people and I enjoy getting to know them. I figure it is a good way for me to pour love into a part of the Church that is not often ministered to by people of my generation. I think they appreciate me being there as well. Brett and I are the two youngest members of the choir. The next youngest past us is in his 50's. We stand out!

The choir is under the direction of a fine man named Graham. He is a bit demanding of a group of mostly amateur singers, but the product he draws out of the group is pretty amazing. I have had a chance to do a number of songs with the group now and I am very impressed with their sound. I have a hard time fitting in because my ability to find pitches from reading music is poor, but once I hear my part all is well with the world :-).

The group is so kind. The ladies are wonderfully sweet to me and sitting around joking with the old guys makes my night.

Anyways. The choir practice went well and we can add that to my list of ministries pursued while here at Hope Valley.

In Christ,

Chris

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your Australia adventures, Chris. Blessings this Easter!

    ReplyDelete